BARR Host Communication Suite
For high-speed host file transfer, you can’t beat the cost and performance of the Barr Host Communications Suite (BHCS).
BHCS from Barr Systems emulates both 3770 (RJE) and Network Job Entry (NJE) communications and supports MS/LUA and HPR/IP connections to mainframe job entry systems. UNIX and AS/400 systems connect via our fast TCP/IP option.
BHCS runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012. It will help you move jobs (print, internal reports, invoices, etc.) from hosts to any printer in your organization, including Xerox EPS printers, and send to applications such as DocForm.
Features and Benefits
- Includes print queue management features such as restart, file view, etc.
- User-interface for SPOOL and Retain Window: customizable for your specific needs
- User friendly interface with very many filtering possibilities for jobs
- Runs unattended with auto-logon and auto-restart, even if no user is logged on
- Very flexible configurable. Therefore it can be adapted to very special requirements, in high complex environments as well
- Multi-routing of jobs: jobs can be printed on several printers to routed od many (network) folders simultaneously
- Manages and stores host resources (FCB, UCS) and forms overlays (EBCDIC or ASCII files)
- Provides built-in communications scope and status line for monitoring and diagnostics
- Can be installed on virtual machines
- Supports multiple, simultaneous connections
- Print Xerox formatted files via our Print EPS
- Reduces Help desk / IT support costs
- Optional BARR/PRINT390: connect a channel printer (Bus & Tag)
- Optional BARR/Print Channel: Emulates a 3211 & IPDs printer at the ESCON or FICON channel.
- Option data stream transformation, e.g. AFP to PDF