BARR/PRINT CHANNEL 7-Plus
With BARR/PRINT CHANNEL 7-Plus the computer connects to the main-frame through the Barr ESCON PCI adapter. A thin, flexible, fiber-optic cable connects the adapter to the mainframe.
• Receives multiple jobs simultaneously on different channel addresses with independent banner page recognition for each channel address
• Supports FCBs and UCSBs
• Supports end-of-file detection options by using banner pages, FCBs, or timeouts
• Extracts banner page text to define BHCS properties such as FORMNAME and JOBNAME
• Supports up to four physical adapters per system
• Supports multiple 3211 printer connections per adapter (the total number of 3211 printer connections depends on system resources)